- In July 1996, two Korean American missionaries embarked on a journey to China with the hopes of sharing the Gospel with the Chinese people. They started their mission journey at Fudan University, Shanghai, where they evangelized, conducted Bible studies, and gathered in prayers groups.
- On October 14, 2002, Young Disciples International was officially founded and dedicated in Beijing, China. It was dedicated together with many international chapters.
- As the first international Christian fellowship founded by mainland Chinese in China, Young Disciples International evangelized and conducted bible studies at the major universities throughout China and Asia. With the rapid growth in numbers, the fellowship aimed for global expansion.
- In 2003, Young Disciples established mission centers in all 30 provinces of China, and it also established centers in Hong Kong SAR and Macau.
- In 2005-2006, the fellowship opened mission centers in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, United States, and Sydney, Australia.
- In 2008, Young Disciples International joined the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) as an affiliate member.
- The fellowship continued its work of scattering the seeds of the Gospel throughout China and its chapters from around the world.
In 2020, the leadership of the mission fellowship agreed to establish their world headquarters in Colorado, United States.
In the same year, Young Disciples chapters were established in United Kingdom, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
Young Disciples International is an affiliate member of the World Olivet Assembly.
Young Disciples International is an evangelical youth ministry committed to:
• – Outreach: Inviting youths to transform their lives through the love of Jesus Christ revealed on the cross at Calvary.
• – Discipleship: Inspiring desire to follow Jesus Christ and imitate Him, being witnesses who proclaim the gospel both through their words and actions.
• – Fellowship: Sharing in the love of God, growing in relationships with God and others.
• – Equipping: Helping believers to discover and develop God-given talents and gifts that will prepare them for a lifetime of serving God and building up others.
• – Impact: Opening a way and providing a platform for the youth of this generation to positively influence the world and advance the kingdom of God, whether acting locally on campus, in neighborhoods or serving in overseas missions.