Who We Are
Young Disciples International (YDI) seeks to lead people to receive new life by faith in Jesus Christ and have it more abundantly, proclaiming the gospel through their lives and bringing about change both locally and globally.
YDI is an evangelical youth ministry committed to:
- Outreach: Reaching out to transform the lives of youth through the love of Jesus Christ revealed on the cross of Calvary.
- Discipling: Making disciples who desire to follow Jesus Christ and imitate Him, being witnesses who proclaim the gospel both through their words and actions.
- Fellowship: Sharing in the love of God, growing in relationship with God and with others.
- Equipping: Helping believers to discover and develop God-given gifts and talents that will prepare them of a lifetime of serving God and building up others.
- Impact: Opening a way and providing a platform for the youth of this generation to positively influence the world and advance the kingdom of God, whether acting locally on campus, in the neighborhood or serving in overseas missions.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible, consisting of Old and New Testaments only, is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the infallible and authoritative words from the Lord.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Adam, created in the image of God, was tempted by Satan, the devil, and fell. Because of Adam's sin, all men have guilt imputed.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe that salvation consists in the remission of sins, the imputation of Christ's righteousness, and the gift of eternal life received by faith alone, apart from works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that the Church, the body of Christ, consists only of those who are born again, who are baptized by the Holy Spirit into Christ at the time of regeneration, for whom He now makes intercession in heaven and for whom He will come again.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Christ instructed the Church to go into the entire world and preach the gospel to every person, baptizing and teaching those who believe.
- We believe that the return of Jesus Christ is imminent.
How we began...
Young Disciples first began in 1996, when a group of students at Fudan University in Shanghai, China gathered together to listen to a Bible study led by a pair of evangelical missionaries. Through continued Bible study and prayer, a vision was planted and began to grow in their hearts—to change and build China into a great nation through the power of the gospel, and to make an impact in the world as witnesses for Jesus Christ.
Quickly, the word of God was preached throughout the campus, igniting the hearts of students in Fudan University and other universities in Shanghai. Ministers continued to reach out to China’s youth and many—hearing the gospel for the first time—found new life in Jesus Christ. Moved to offer their lives for God’s service, many continued to witness in other cities and universities across China.
By 2001, seeing the fruit of their work, YD’s representatives and students from Peking University gathered in Beijing, seeking to expand the ministry’s vision and work. It was there that members established Young Disciples of Jesus International and offered a dedication service, committing YDI to God for His use.
Where we are now...
Since it began as a small group of believers in China, God has used YDI ministers to help lead many to come to know the Lord and others sharing the same vision have joined in this work. To date, YDI has dispatched missionaries to countries all over the world.
Please come and join us in worship and prayer at one of our local chapters near you!
Young Disciples International
Toll Free Telephone: +01(917)232-0362
Address: Young Disciples Ministry, PO BOX 378, Wingdale, NY 12594, United States.